Sunday, January 15, 2012

A quick personal update

I was awakened by pain this morning that turns out to be from a big patch of blisters on my left side in the back, and some in the front. I had chickenpox severely as a child, that's the virus, and it often strikes as shingles in the immune-suppressed, so I was aware shingles was a possibility.  It sure looks and feels like that.

It is Sunday, of course, but that's better than if it were Friday night, when I usually get sick. I'll see my GP tomorrow and also call the transplant nurse.  They have anti-virals . . .

More painkillers is about the only good news I can see in this. 


In the words of the song, Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down, oh yes Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Jeanne, do you have any walk-in or urgent care clinics you can go to? The sooner you treat this, the better treatment will work! Is there anywhere you can go TODAY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen - Our experience is that urgent care can't work with anything complicated, and a transplant patient automatically is. Also, you can sit around in a waiting room for hours with very sick people, and I'm immune-suppressed. I'm sure I can get in with my doctor tomorrow, and they will be able to get me going on the anti-viral right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are in pain and will keep you in my thoughts. May you be well and happy and free from suffering.

    ReplyDelete