Saturday, June 20, 2009

That list of things to do

I know this isn't the first time I've written about that list. I hope my understanding of it is growing. Today it seems to me it ought to be titled, Things I'm not doing for some reason though I thought I should.

?Who are those two people arguing about the list, I could call them Knot and Shud. They both look like me, so why can't they get together? It's not for lack of the ability to impose iron discipline on myself. I have done that in the past. That's how you write a dissertation, how you endure pelvic exams. But more and more I don't like gritting my teeth. I wonder these days, what is your (my) reason for putting a particular thing off. Pro-crastinating, at which I am such a pro it just seems like ordinary life. Like that stuff on the shelves in the garage that your eye passes over, that you usually don't even see.

All this thinking must have to do with my recent study of talks and books that stress enlightened activity. Maybe all Teachers stress that, and I'm just getting it a little more clearly. Well, it is 8:45 a.m. and I hear Tom getting up. It is definitely time for me to meditate, or it will get lost in the day. I (all of me) will get lost in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment