Monday, September 27, 2010

"Every day's a good day."

Grailville meadows at sunset
Well, just briefly before I go pick up my thyroid med and get a blood draw and do some banking and drop off overdue library books - we got back home from retreat Friday afternoon, feeling very well, the soft stream of emptiness still around my ankles.  We went to Zen Sat. morning and so loved the deep silence - there are a number of dedicated practitioners there, and everyone sat quietly.  Then we heard a talk by Lew Richmond on the spiritual opportunities, you could say, of aging.

Sheba had been wonderfully cared for by my neighbors, Cindy and Lauren, and all was well.  This was one time Ama Samy did not quote the visionary, Hildegard, but we remembered her most-quoted vision -
And all shall be well.
And all shall be well.
And all manner of things shall be well.
As I corresponded just now with my friends on the transplant e-list, I noted that of course I am praying that everything goes well these next weeks for both me and Laura.  And of course that the surgeries go well.  They should; OSU is very experienced.  But on a deeper level I want to accept whatever comes.  Inscribing his latest book for us, Ama Samy wrote for me - "Every day's a good day."  In this situation, that will do as the koan of your life - that no matter what transpires, it is the way it is and has to be, and it is good to be alive.

Love to all, especially to those I sat with on the retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment