Tuesday, September 20, 2011

priorities

Recently thought my priorities are -

Stay alive
Do what I enjoy.

Much is subsumed under staying alive, such as having love, friendships, community, laughing, relaxing, and I suppose meditating. Along with all the usual crap about exercise, eat fiber . . .survival, resilience.

Doing what I enjoy has to deal with learning to enjoy or accept or laugh at what I have to do that I don't do for pleasure. Like do pills every week - making it least obnoxious, most efficient. Also scrutinizing things I think I have to do - do I really?  Also learning what I enjoy, not doing stuff the culture thinks I should or should not enjoy (like watching football).

1 comment:

  1. With all the physical troubles that are causing you pain, I wish you peace and serenity.

    I share with you this, http://www.theartofhappiness.net/buddhist_art_face_of_serenity.htm

    ReplyDelete