Monday, August 25, 2008

Old Age is a Full-time Job

Oh, Monday.

My perenially arising vows fall away. e.g., Yes I sleep better if before bed I turn off the screens, shower and meditate. Yes, I like to get up to a clean kitchen, another thing to do before bed. Apparently I am tired (even tireder) in the evening. Then too, yesterday was Sunday.

Interfacing just this step, next step with the need for some structure. Well, there is already plenty of structure. Care for the lymphedemic arm, 2 hrs. a day. Teeth. Pills twice a day and with every meal, and today is the day to refill the pill cases. Meditate at least once a day, and more is better. Every week, these days, acupuncture. Health club 3 x week, every other day would be better; if I lived next door I might go every single day and have coffee there, etc. Church every Sunday. Get together once a week with each of two valued friends. This is just the basic structure.

Thinking of this, thought I could divide this list into care for body/care for soul, but that seems less and less the case. Joy and companionship are good for my health. Acupuncture has improved my spirits. Drawing and painting were relaxing, so maybe that boosts immune response. Don’t know exactly why I’m not doing them at least a little. But life is so cluttered and my energy so low.

Life is so cluttered.

But the clutter is not about the clutter. And the clutter doesn't matter.

Played a song to get some energy going, "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley. . . Wasted much too much time trying to figure out how to put it here from YouTube, so you're on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment